Expanding horizons for global citizenship through education and exchange.
- To increase participation in education abroad programs by traditionally underrepresented student groups.
- To facilitate the acquisition of foreign language skills by more students.
- To support institutions that offer full-immersion programs and that are actively promoting socially responsible study abroad programs.
- To support students that do not have the financial means to study abroad.
- To provide means for students to make positive contribution to host culture while studying abroad through community service activities
- To inspire students to become civically engaged while study abroad, and in their home communities upon return.
- To increase students’ level of intercultural competence
- To support research and scholarship in the fields of linguistics, language acquisition, cultural exchange and intercultural competence
The Foundation for Intercultural Exchange offers scholarships to students who are committed to Service-Learning and desire to participate in study abroad programs that integrate community engagement into their academic curriculum, as part of a cultural full-immersion. Read more.