SEO is a common term used in the digital marketing world. It may be a term you have heard thrown around a few times or have a basic understanding of when it comes to its uses. However, it is a lot more complex and requires a solid grasp before knowing how and why it is used.
SEO stands for search engine optimisation and is a vital tool for digital marketers. It is made up of multiple elements which need to be understood thoroughly before acknowledging the importance of it. Seo leads to websites being more visible and larger amounts of traffic. This increases chances and opportunities to bring in customers. It has two main goals. To help you understand what viewers online are looking for which can help businesses create better content and to create websites that search engines can find and understand content.
So, what makes SEO so important?
In today’s day and age, SEO marketing has become more important than ever given how competitive the market has become. for example, even if you are running a real estate business there are thousands of users searching for properties every day, good seo can help you to gain maximum result, and Proffessional real estate SEO companies can help you to outrank you competitor. Search engines are used by millions every day, serving them with answers and solutions to their questions and problems. SEO is important for some of the following reasons:
- Majority of the people who use search engines such as Google, are more likely to click on the top five results, rather than scrolling down pages for a different option. To take advantage of this, your website needs to appear in one of the top spaces on the results page in order to gain more visitors and customers to your site.
- Good SEO improves overall user experience and usage of a website.
- In order to increase trust between customers and a business site, customers need to trust the site they’re visiting is legit. Having presence in top spots on search engine pages will help with this.
- It is a great way to improve presence on social media. If your website is easily found on search engines, there is a higher chance that your business will be shared to Facebook, Twitter and other social channels which is a great form of exposure.
- SEO is very important for big sites to run smoothly. It increases organic traffic which provides long term results and is cost effective.
- SEO puts you at the front. SEO websites are more likely to have customers for targeted products which leads to more sales.
SEO can be broken down into 3 main types:
- Technical SEO: Aims to improve user experience by optimising the website. It improves site load time which is vital as many visitors abandon websites that take too long to load which can lead to a loss in prospects.
- Off-page SEO: these are ways to promote your website or blog so they rank better on search results. Guest blogging is a system of content marketing and link building. Internet ads are also helpful for targeting the right customers through the use of algorithms.
- On-page SEO: mainly focuses on helping search engines understand what a human would see if they visited a website or blog. It works around optimising the content on a page.
The bottom line is, SEO is very important if the goal is to excel in the marketing world. It leads to higher rankings and increase organic traffic on a regular basis. The main importance of it is for your website and reaching the top 5 results on a search engine. If you haven’t delved into it yet, it is guaranteed that your business will change forever once you do.