How delicious are the stuffed mushrooms in the oven with ham and cheese! I remember, when I was little, going with my parents to a bar in Vitoria called bierhaus. He served them luxuriously. That bar no longer exists and those mushrooms did not have cheese or ham but they did have garlic and were served on toast. They were delightful!
Here, I have made an evolved version of these mushrooms, adding the ham and cheese. To make them, we will need some large mushrooms. Have plenty of space to fill them. This is a very easy recipe to make and that will result in a spectacular appetizer.
INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE 12 UNITS
- 12 large Mushrooms
- 3 garlic Cloves
- 50g of Ham in Cubes
- 50g of Grated Cheese
- Chopped Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Mushrooms Stuffed With Ham and Cheese in the Oven:
- We prepare the mushrooms. If they are not already clean of soil, we clean them with water. Do not soak them in excess because the mushroom absorbs a lot of water
- With our hands, we remove the stem, trying not to damage the mushroom hat. From the stem, we are going to remove the blackest part of it. This one does not work. Once this is done, we peel the hat itself from the skin, which is a bit indigestible. To do this, with our fingers we grasp the skin from the base of the mushroom hat and tear it off. It will come out in band-aids.
- In a frying pan, add a small splash of oil and grill the mushrooms. Over high heat, about three minutes for each side. Once this is done, remove and season
- Once cooked, in the same pan we add the ham cubes. If necessary, add a little more oil. Cook the ham over high heat for one or two minutes. Enough time for it to take color. Once done, we reserve them in a bowl, trying to leave as much oil as possible
- In that same oil, add the minced garlic. When you have obtained a little color, add the chopped mushroom stems. Salt and pepper and cook everything for about 5 minutes over medium heat
- Once this is done, remove from the pan and put the ham in the bowl. We also add the chopped parsley and with a teaspoon we mix everything well
- We put the mushrooms in a baking dish, fill them well with this mixture that we have prepared, pressing with the teaspoon if necessary to press and put more. In the end, it has to fit all the filling (to me, it fit me). Once all this is done, we top it with grated cheese, which can be cured, mozzarella or, whichever you like the most and put in the oven, previously heated to 200ºC, for about 10 minutes
These baked stuffed mushrooms with ham and cheese are so easy and quick to make. You can play with the filling, adding or removing ingredients to your liking but I can assure you that these proposed here are very good!