Who can resist good chocolate truffles? Truffles are a highly valued – and very expensive – mushroom with a blackish color. The ancient Egyptians already used them in their culinary elaborations. But these chocolate truffles have little to do with this mushroom. Both in taste and in its price, since the ones we propose here are very cheap to make. They are so called because in shape and color they are very similar to each other. If you are a chocolate lover, you will love these chocolate truffles.
Ingredients to Make About 25 Units:
- 300g of Chocolate
- 200ml Whipping Cream, also known as Heavy whipping Cream
- 50g Butter
- Chocolate Noodles, Cocoa Powder or the final Coating that we want
How to Make Black Chocolate Truffles:
- In a bain-marie, melt the chocolate together with the butter. You could also do it in the microwave but I personally recommend doing it in a bain-marie, because that way the chocolate is brighter and because in the microwave there is the danger of burning the mixture if we are not very careful.
- When it has melted, add the whipping cream and mix until all the ingredients have been integrated.
- Pour all the mixture into a bowl and let it cool completely. 1 full day at room temperature or 4 hours to a whole night in the fridge.
- When it has hardened, we take a teaspoon of the dough and place it on a plate. We repeat the process and we are putting several teaspoons of the dough on the plate.
- We take one of the portions and shape it into a ball. It does not have to be perfect (real truffles have an irregular shape). Then we roll it on the coating we want – chocolate noodles, colored noodles, cocoa powder. You can even bathe them in white chocolate – We place it in a small muffin or cupcake mold and it is ready.
Very easy to make these chocolate truffles. If you like them, run to the kitchen to prepare them! If you want to know more Christmas recipes, we recommend the one that everyone asks us and the most popular, which is quick to make.